Industry Leading choice of weld studs
Image Industries offers a complete variety of weld studs from standard threaded to unique application-specific studs. We provide a variety of expertly crafted weld studs and fasteners for capacitor discharge (CD) and drawn arc and short-cycle stud welding systems. We have also created various accessories to facilitate these three welding methods. We use only the highest quality materials and ensure that each product is rigorously tested to ensure we only deliver the best quality stud welding products to clients across the manufacturing and engineering industries.
Find the right type of weld stud for your operation with all of the sizes, types, and materials of stud that your team needs. We have a huge selection of items in stock and can also accommodate personalized, custom orders.
What Are Weld Studs?
Weld studs are cold formed and/or CNC machined metal parts that are designed to be stud welded to substrates made of similar metal. Weld studs can be threaded to be used as a fastener or unthreaded to be used as a pin or locator. They can be made from low-carbon steels, stainless steels, aluminum, and even nickel-iron alloys. Their diameters can range from approximately .100” (4mm) up to 1” (25mm), with lengths ranging from .25” (6mm) and up. They can be straight, bent and even have flanges and collars to be used as stand-offs, and can be internally tapped.
Drawn Arc Weld Studs
Image offers a broad range of studs to match any application that you need completed.
- Full Thread — Fully threaded arc studs are the most common arc stud and are used in thousands of different applications
- Partial Thread — Partially threaded weld studs provide more shear than the same size fully threaded stud
- No Thread
- Collar Studs — Collar Studs are usually used as standoffs for wire routing, plate spacing etc.
- Full Base — Full base studs are used when maximum shear is needed for a given thread size
- Reduced Base — Reduced base studs are used when the application design does allow clearance for the collar of weld flash
CD Weld Studs
Our range of Capacitor Discharge weld studs includes mild steel and stainless steel studs, aluminum alloy studs, and lead-free brass studs. Our CD weld studs are available in threaded, unthreaded, tapped, collar, and internally threaded forms, making them ready to be used in any type of CD welding project.
Construction Weld Studs
Our selection of construction weld studs include:
- Headed Anchors — Headed anchors are typically used in concrete embedment applications.
- Shear Connectors — Shear Studs are used in building and bridge construction to handle shear loads.
- Deformed Bar Anchors — Deformed bars are weldable reinforcements in concrete applications.
Image offers a wide selection of weld-in-place cable management solutions. Our cable management solutions are an industry-leading approach that can improve the efficiency and throughput of any professional welding operation.
Our line of cable management products includes our patented Quiklinx cable management solutions as well as CD wire ties, HD wire ties, and CD ground studs.
Advanced Process Studs
Advanced process studs are often used for short cycle, gas arc, or robotic applications. These products include both threaded and no thread varieties.
Speak With Image Industries About Weld Studs
If you are in need of a specific type of weld stud or are unsure which type you need, reach out to Image Industries. Our team of stud welding experts has years of experience providing manufacturers and welders with several products to meet their welding needs. For more information, call Image Industries at (866) 944-0335 or request a quote online today.
Building lasting bonds since 1976.
Providing superior stud welding and stud welder parts and equipment isn't enough. We also strive to deliver better service and unmatched expertise. And that's exactly what we've been doing for more than 40 years.Read About Our History